Sunday 22 July 2012

A skill set called leardership.

Reading stories about :
Nelson Mandela                                                           Ghandy
3040576603_4f217e43ca.jp     
civicegypt.org
     
Martin Luther King...

Made me questioned myself : Are they born leaders?
So, through my readings, I found out that:
                      Some people believe that leaders are born with the necessary qualities that make them successful as a leader. While others believe that leadership, like many other similar characteristics, can be learned and developed through life. For me, I think much of the debate depends on how you define leadership.
Defining Leadership
Let’s assume leadership means having an ability and desire to inspire and influence others. Based on that definition, I can certainly see the argument that leaders are born with leading qualities when I see my daughter using her inherent ability to influence her little brother (and sometimes her parents) to do the things she wants them to do.
If leadership means being courageous and willing to speak out for the betterment of those around you, I would think that leaders do not have to be born as such. I have seen people who consider themselves introverts and overall followers become successful leaders when faced with an issue they are passionate about.
If we define leadership as having atypical intelligence, creativity and/or drive, then I am back to believing that it’s a trait you’re born with, although you may or may not continue to develop that trait through your life...
http://www.sitepoint.com/are-great-leaders-born-or-made/
                                    

1 comment:

  1. This is a well written piece, and massive improvement from your previous writings. Well done.

    ReplyDelete